|Court Booking Tab|
Please click on the link above to take you to the booking page
Playing requirements for a COVID safe environment
Updated on 30 July 2021
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS CAREFULLY RELATING TO COVID REQUIREMENTS.
SPECIFIC COVID RULES may be determined by the Committee from time to time based on guidance from Croquet NSW.
GENERAL COVID RULES
The following MUST be followed:
- Please understand that you might be the source of infecting others as well as potentially being infected yourself. To protect others and yourself, Chatswood Croquet Club and governments are particular about how we go about our business.
- Everyone will be individually responsible for ensuring that they follow the NSW Public Health Guidelines. This must be checked with the NSW Government website. If you cannot check what is appropriate at any time, we would advise you not to play. Regardless, you play croquet at your own risk, notwithstanding that people before you may not have followed the guidelines.
- If you are unwell, show any signs or symptoms of a cold, flu or coronavirus, do not go to the courts or play croquet.
- Do not go to the club if you have been to a known Covid area
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be kept in mind at all times. In other words, you should not come any closer to anyone on or off the court than an arm and mallet length away. This applies indoors and outdoors.
- The Clubhouse is to remain closed until further notice.
- Bring your own drink bottles. Club glasses and mugs should NOT be used.
- Do not share food
- Do not congregate anywhere inside or outside the clubhouse
- Please do NOT show up without a booking or without your attendance being acknowledged or recorded.
- Members will need to provide their own gloves, sanitisers and wipes. Take care to wipe your hands before and after handling any balls, equipment, doors and keys.
- Take your gloves, hand sanitiser and wipes home with you in your own rubbish bag.
- One concern that we have is the use of the toilets. Ideally, it would be safest to go to the loo before you go to croquet, don’t drink too much and then go home to your own loo. Please don’t take this as an invitation to get dehydrated. If you do need to go to the loo, it would be very wise to use sanitisers and/or disinfectant wipes before and after using the loo.
- Just a reminder to bring a bag that you can put any gloves, sanitisers or wipes into. Please do NOT put wipes down the toilet.
- No Visitors currently allowed
- Only two members can be on any court at any one time. Do not congregate either on the courts or under shelter
The following MUST be followed:
- Should you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into a tissue which you should throw into a bin straight away.
- Otherwise cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Remove yourself from others when you cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands with soap and water after coughing or sneezing.
- If you speak loudly or laugh loudly in the presence of others, keep at least, but preferably more than 1.5 metres away
- Use sanitiser if soap and water are not available
- Avoid contact with people who are unwell
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face in general if you have contacted a common surface
- Particularly if you note that some people are poor at social distancing, it is reasonable to wear a mask to croquet, particularly as it is not a high-intensity sport
Our full NSW Government Covid-19 Safety Plan is available on request
Booking Sheet arrangements
Players must book all games using the Booking Sheet and follow guidance issued to members about the process. Only members may make a booking.
Payment of lawn fees
Lawn fees are now fixed at one annual payment of $170, adjusted when appropriate for the impact of lockdown, as determined by theCommittee. Details of lawn fees for visitors may be obtained from members.